Saturday, October 15, 2005

Just Like the Great-Grands

When I was a boy, my Great Aunt and her sister, my Great Grandmother, kept daily notes on a kitchen calendar or calendar book. They would make observations about the weather, who they saw, what they did, and, most interestingly to me, notes about which plants had come into bloom and what had been planted or taken up.

This is my version of the same thing.

I could keep it in a private book in my house, but I have tried that before and find that I give up. Not sure if I will give up here, but I hope I will not.

This is mostly trivia, encompassing the afformentioned garden notes, weather observations and natural history. I will probably also include periodic posts in Journal form that will be duplicated to my "Easy Green" site.

You are welcome to comment, ask questions, offer suggestions. On the other hand, I do not expect anyone really to read this but me.

No comments: